joi, 19 august 2010

memories

Murakami once wrote: "Memories are what warm you up from the inside. But they're also what tear you apart."

we let curtains fall
let doors slide
let tears dry
but in the end
no matter how much
we love
or care
or fight
the bitter truth
is by our side
there's no one left
to understand
while we can count
the stars instead
and fumble
with words
dissected
twin souls
bring pain
memories of snow
drown me
in sunny morning
oh! how my youth
fades
i slide
down
something inside
has grown
so hardened
like stale bread
and
no water
would
soften me
again
i've grown up
and how
i wanted to run
from these feelings
meanings
swirl through my
heart
making a slow hum
like a bee's buzz
distant
yet present
wish
it'd stop
so i could spread
my wings in the wind
at least
in my dreams
oh my
i can't
hope is a foreign language
i have to learn
again and again
no escape
from the past
not for me
when they
can't see
past this
why? cling
to all these ineffective rules
i don't care
can't you see
it's only me
that is all
nothing more
nothing less
one must know
that
all the rest...
just empty
sentences

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu