marți, 30 noiembrie 2010

i remember

I remember everything
even all that you pretend to have forgotten
i'm no longer an experiment
my flesh and blood on your hands
so grasp this idea
the pull of my love is real
i fight for every lock of hair
you want to cut
i don't care about your life
as long as you leave mine alone
just do your work
and I'll do mine
better than you ever would
it's not the way you said it should be
and all the lies you keep unspoken
that burn so high in your pitched voice
just flow on my face like rain ...
i am no longer somebody's pretty daughter
i am the women meant to become
somebody real
not just a figurine for you to crush
my crimes are mine to bear
my songs are mine to spare
my war needs no false friends

I remember
everything
look for me when you have real words to utter
when you cry in pain for your mistakes
when you're alone and need me once again
i may forgive but i will never forget

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu